Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where are we going?

It's official; I'm attending Bowling Green State University for graduate school in statistics. I was offered a teaching assistantship, which will cover the entire tuition cost and also pay my rent and other bills, in return for a few hours a week of teaching and assisting professors. I am extremely thankful to God and to the maths department admissions committee.

This is going to be crazy, of course. I'll be living in Ohio, many hours' drive away from almost all of my family, except my cousin Michael, who lives in Michigan. I'll probably end up with a new automobile before going up there, which will be a fun search in itself; I'm looking for something with comparable fuel mileage to my current one (25 city, 33 hwy) and is big enough so that I can fit comfortably inside it, not too many miles, and not terribly expensive. I'll probably also be finding a completely different church: I currently attend a Baptist church, and don't intend on leaving it until I leave Lubbock, since I'm a member of the musical praise team. However, when I get to Bowling Green, I plan on attending one of the Orthodox churches in Toledo.

It will be a bittersweet experience, leaving friends behind and being so separated from family. But I'm ready to embrace whatever God has in store for me up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment