Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Professional

I suppose that it's a part of the ominous reality that I am, in fact, a grown man, and possibly to be a husband in years to come, and I thus need to act like one. I have decided that while a student and, in the near future, a teaching assistant, and then later on as an actuary (or whatever I end up doing), I ought to be dressing the part. Nothing too extravagant, but I don't see why I can't put on a button-down shirt and good pair of shoes to attend class in. I'll still attend other events (except church and other special occasions) in casual clothing, I'm sure, but I think it will be better to look sharp, to look like I take things seriously while in the classroom and at work.

This may be strange, but I was in part inspired by Hannibal Lecter (minus the cannibalism....I think...). The only time the man is not well-dressed, besides when in prison, is the mall scene in Hannibal where he's blending in with everyone else. He has class and wit. I want that!

Of course there's also that quiet notion of wanting to necromance the old tradition of being dressed up. We've all seen the old films, paintings, etc. We've gotten lazy in our dressing habits, and it's now no wonder that this generation is seen in such atrocious attire as it is. Maybe I can spark some change (since that's what the nation voted for, right?) Let's see what happens!

1 comment: