Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pogonotrophy

Pogon - "beard"
-trophe - "to feed"

As those who know me in "real life" or those that have seen pictures of me know, I've had a gotee for a while now. I shaved it this morning...but have no fear, it shall return. The plan is to allow the entire beard to grow in this time. It will take patience and fortitude. I'll have to keep watch and cut it back at increasing lengths as certain sections grow faster than others. Hopefully I'll have an adequate-looking full beard by March.

I don't have any profound or silly reasons for growing it. Some might think I'm doing it because it's the "metal" thing to do. I have loss most interest in being "metal" these days, anyway, as my attention shifts to other styles while remaining on a select few metal bands. I'm also not doing it to be "manly" because my idea of manliness is different from that held my a good number of my peers (hmm, there's another blog idea...). I'm simply doing it because I think I look much better with one. I don't like my babyfaced look very much (though it has improved since I've gotten in better shape).

I suppose I could also be doing it since I'll be able to get away with not shaving every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment